Miyerkules, Setyembre 19, 2018

I Miss Alcohol... Markers, That Is!

(I do not own the video)

I miss this. Old school but still cool.

(This guy isn’t really a famous expert – he just happens to have the skill and the social media channels).

I was never able to master the use of alcohol-based markers in college; they’re very expensive! I nevertheless loved utilizing the few that I had for shades & shadows, to give depth to rather 2-dimensional elevations and plans. Zig Kurecolor was the best brand then. Or is it still? Some of my classmates doodled with so much ease. Graphics proficiency truly is a talent! I enjoy just watching the transition progress. So mesmerizing. From a blank piece of paper to a “playful” representation of something built / to-be-built. This kind of illustrating works especially for initial talks with a client. Some designers sketch ideas instantaneously right in front of the client.

I gave up trying to be a full-fledged architect more than a decade ago, after I failed the licensure examinations for the third time in a span of four years. It finally sunk in… it wasn’t meant to be. *sigh* L


“If you give up on it, maybe you don’t really want it enough!” – OR Maybe the effects of some of the things we want in life aren’t really good for us. NEED is different from WANT, after all…

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento